Neutral Chaos In-Person Training COVID Safety Protocols
Updated April 5th, 2022
In an effort to provide a safe environment for the exploration and training of new skills within our community of artists, we have adopted the following policies and procedures based on guidance from local health organizations, performer's unions and the CDC.
Please assist us in this effort by following all health and safety guidelines and risk mitigation strategies including regularly washing and sanitizing hands, wearing an approved face mask, and practicing social distancing whenever possible.
- All staff and participants must wear KN95 or KF94 masks at all times in the building and rehearsal studios and while class is in session. (If you do not have one of these masks, one will be provided to you.)
- A study tested how masks held up against actual coronavirus particles and showed that a simple cotton mask offered some protection (17 to 27 percent) to the wearer. Medical masks performed better, including a surgical mask (47 to 50 percent protection), and a tightly sealed KN95 or KF94 style mask (79 to 90 percent protection). Properly fitted, high-efficiency masks work. Masks work best when everyone in the room is wearing one. If there was an infected person in one of these KN95s or KF94s, a large percentage of their exhaled infectious particles are trapped, stopping the spread at the source. And when fewer viral particles are floating around the room, the masks others are wearing would likely block those that have escaped.
- Masks must be worn over the mouth and nose with the wire tightly sealed around your nose. Remove masks by the ear loops, make sure it's folded close. Don't touch the front of your mask as that's where all of our exhaled particles congregate. If you do, sanitize/wash hands immediately.
- Participants and staff are expected to maintain physical and social distancing of 6 feet whenever and wherever possible. When not performing a partnered activity, physical distancing must be practiced.
- There is no food or drink allowed in the classrooms. Please enjoy your breakfast/ coffee/lunch outside. Allowances will be made for water or power snacks. Please be mindful of others in doing so and maintain distance while briefly unmasking and then returning your mask to cover both your nose and mouth after a bite or sip.
- Hand hygiene should be practiced at all times. Hand Sanitizer will be available in each room. Wash your hands thoroughly and often for at least 20 seconds. Sanitize frequently. Especially before and after you've touched any high touch zones. If you touch/remove/dispose of your mask. Before and after eating. Avoid touching your face.
- Participants are expected to submit proof of vaccination status. If you are unable to do so, please email email@example.com to seek exemption and discuss additional measures to keep you and others safe. Please note that exemption is not guaranteed.
- Any and all participants may be asked to consent to a rapid antigen test in the event of a possible exposure.
- If a test returns a positive result, you will be unable to participate in any in-person training until such time as you have completed a recommended self-isolation period or received two negative tests.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days, please send your positive test result (make sure your name, the date of the test, and the result are all clearly visible) and the date you last experienced symptoms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unless you develop symptoms again, you will not be required to submit negative test results for 90 days following the day you last experienced symptoms.
- If you experience symptoms consistent with COVID-19 please contact one of your instructors as soon as possible so that we can do any necessary contract tracing and respond rapidly to any possible exposures.
- If you develop symptoms in class, please stay masked and inform the instructor. If on hand, we will administer a rapid antigen test.
- If positive, we will ask you to leave class for a period of time while we await results of a test.
- If negative, we recommend you rest; but you will be free to return, in mask, to the classroom. We will retest as needed if your symptoms worsen.
Please upload your proof of vaccination here.
In the meantime, if you have any questions regarding these protocols, please don’t hesitate to reach out via any of the methods below.
Call or Text: (646) 397-9883
Rob Aronowitz, Lead Instructor and COVID Compliance Officer