Theatrical Firearms Safety Certification
2-day hands on training in the safe handling and proper procedures for the use of theatrical firearms on stage and screen.
Sunday, June 7th & Monday, June 8th, 2020.
- 10am - 1pm: Morning Classroom Session.
- 2:30 - 6:30pm: Afternoon Applications of Technique.
Summer Combat Intensive
12-day intensive training with opportunity for certification in two Society of American Fight Directors (SAFD) weapon disciplines. All classes take place at Trinity-Pawling School in Pawling, NY
Tuesday, June 9th - Sunday, June 21st, 2020. (Day Off - Monday June 15th)
- 10am - 1pm: Morning Session (Weapon 1)
- 1pm-2:30pm: Lunch
- 2:30pm - 5:30pm: Afternoon Session (Weapon 2)
- 5:30pm-7pm: Dinner
- 7:00 - 9pm: Occasional Masterclasses, Social Outings, Relaxation Time, or Rehearsals.
PRICING (Includes Housing and Meals)
Summer Combat Intensive
- With Firearms - $1500 (Early Registration - $1400)
- No Firearms - $1325 (Early Registration - $1250)
Theatrical Firearms Weekend Workshop
- $350 (Early Registration - $300)
- $250 Non-Refundable Deposit secures spot in Summer Intensive
- $50 Non-Refundable Deposit secures spot in Firearms Workshop
- Early Registration ends April 15th, 2020
- Full amount must be paid by June 1st, 2020
Jason Paul Tate
Participants in the Summer Combat Intensive will select one weapon to study in each of the two sessions. All weapons and materials will be provided. Personal stage combat weapons cleared by faculty are allowed.There will be opportunity to test for certification in these two weapons with the Society of American Fight Directors on the last day of the workshop, Sunday, June 21st. A $55 test fee will be assessed by the SAFD.
A two day Theatrical Firearms Safety Certification will be hosted immediately before the Summer Combat and Movement Director Intensives. Participants may add this on at a reduced cost or may register to attend it as a standalone event. Theatrical Firearms carries a $35 test fee, to be paid separately.
Fees payable via PayPal or Venmo.
All workshops take place in the Hudson Valley and include training, on-site lodging, breakfast and lunch each day. Some dinners are included. Due to the intensive nature of this event, only a small number of spaces are available.
*Two Day Theatrical Firearms event includes overnight lodging on Saturday and Sunday, June 6th & 7th.
*Move-in for Summer Combat Intensive is on Monday, June 8th, beginning at 3 PM.
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions Page for additional info regarding travel, meals, what to pack, etc.